Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back!

It's been nearly a month since i've gotten back to the states, and after some thought I have decided to continue writing... at the very least, writing down my thoughts and experiences once a week or so will keep me on my toes :). I'm on a Surgical ICU rotation right now, at NJMS-Newark (it's a trauma ICU, so for the moment that's keeping me very busy...), but i'll be able to get back to a more regular schedule of writing in a few weeks. For now, I wanted to share a few poems that I wrote while I was in South Africa... the first deals with the inevitable love (what's a chick website without at least one love poem, right?) and the second... well... you can figure it out. Thanks for the reading, i'll be back online and writing shortly!

Oh, and I also wanted to let everyone know that I have new photographs of Soweto on my photography site... just go to www.pbase.com/quideam.


US


A moment with you
And I'm lost.

An eternity runs past
And I do not notice.

Time
It pulls you away
Too suddenly
Too quickly

But a moment with you
And I'm lost.

Time cannot seep
Into us.


SORRY

I bleed for you,
Dark crimson pouring out.
Contractions clutch my soul,
And shove it down my throat,
And on the floor.
And there it is.

I look down and it's you.

My insides are outside,
Coffee grounds and tomato paste,
Salt water and crushed ice.
I'm bleeding with you,
Drowning in me.

And then you're gone.

I wasn't ready yet.
I'm sorry, my child, I wasn't ready yet.

1 comment:

ursula said...

Hi, it was so wonderful to read through the exciting information about Palghar, India. Do u have any contacts there, still?? I work for TIMES Group, The famous TIMES OF India news paper is our famous brand. we are proposing to support women empowerment projects in Palghar.